Who doesn't love a good game night? A game night that includes sipping cocktails, even better. Anyone who has ever participated in game night at my house knows that I, personally, have only one rule. Beat Mike Stoller. For those who may be wondering, that is my husband.
I am not one to root for my husbands failures, but he always wins and since we are all good friends, he has no problem reminding us that he always wins. Other than that, house rules apply.
With a game night on the horizon, I wanted to entertain my guests with something new. I had a left over bottle of La Marca Prosecco from a recent get together, and I decided to search for recipes to elevate this sweet bubbly. I came across a Sparkling Amaretto sour on the Cooking in Stilettos blog and decided to recreate this cocktail.
(Yields 2 Servings)
2/3 cup of granulated sugar
¼ cup of water
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
Zest of 1 lime
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ a lemon
1 cup La Marca Prosecco
1/3 cup Amaretto liqueur
¼ cup of simple syrup
¼ cup of fresh lemon and lime juice (approx. 1 lemon squeezed and ½ of a lime)
Lemon/Lime for garnish
1. In a small pan over medium heat, fully dissolve the sugar with the water and lemon juice mixture.
2. Using half of a lemon, rim the entire glass with lemon juice and dip the glass into the sugar rotating until fully covered.
3. In a shaker filled with ice, combine the Prosecco, Amaretto liqueur, simple syrup mixture.
4. Add ice to the sugar rimmed glasses and pour the cocktails into the glasses.
5. Garnish with lemon or lime round.